Friday, November 1, 2013

Breaking the Shell

This proverbial introvert, the one who has been craving community and more purpose in her life, just accepted a social invitation.  Shocker, right?  Yeah, I'm shocked, too!

A Facebook friend, someone I actually know in real life, too, invited me to a book club meeting.  The invitation was there...the door was open...the ball was in my court....and so I clicked "will be going" on the online invite.  It is time to be daring!  Who would ever think a book club is daring, but my dears, it really is...Now it is my turn to psych myself up for a gathering of women.  I mean I love all things books and treats. But sometimes women are so dang scary.  Some women can be judgmental and mean spirited.  Past experiences have me cringing, but I will not judge these ladies on my past experiences.




The book this month is "These is My Words" by Nancy E. Turner.  I picked up the book the other day at the library and have not been able to put it down since.  Loving the book will make the meeting just a little bit easier.  It is so nice to be invited and included.  I've tried to make it a motto to accept invitations, because if I decline, follow ups may be few and far between.

I'll let you know how it goes, in the meantime...Carry on

What activities do you find difficult and 
What do you do to overcome?

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Looks good. I do want to hear how it went and what you thought of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read that book a few years ago and loved it! I am not a book club lady, due to the fact that I am not compatible with most humans (thats why veterinary medicine is my forte) :) , but I do enjoy reading and have overcome my indifference to other people by realizing that in no time soon will they be morphing into a different species and I will just have to learn to be pleasant. :) Hows that for an answer? heh heh. Enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to be apart of a book club, but need a buddy to go with me! Too shy to just walk in there by myself!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...