Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy Endorphins and Journals


I recently read an article on Mind, Body, Green entitled The Power of Gratitude in the Face of Tragedy.  My focus this year has been on being grateful.  I've posted about it a few times, but as of late, my writing has been neglected, but I digress.  The article talks about being grateful and how gratitude fosters happiness and optimism.  Yes, Yes, Yes!  And do you know what else?  Happier people are generally healthier.  When you focus on blessings and what is going right in your life and are thankful for that, all those happy endorphins are just to flow through your veins.  It's good stuff.  They mentioned the infamous Gratitude Journal.  I've read many things on Gratitude Journals and the art of documenting those gifts from Oprah Winfrey, to One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, to leaders of my Church.  One thing is certain, these people know something, and I'm certain they speak the truth.

My writing has hit a slump here on the blog and elsewhere.  I try to blog happy things, because "joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving and the voice of melody." Isaiah 51:3.  I have found the idea of guided journaling might be just the thing to get me out of my writing slump weather here on my blog or in journaling.  The journals I can find online are lovely with prompts and pretty papers.  I like the ones here, and bought one at Christmas time. Better still, I came across this gal's website where she offers her pages for free.


I really love it when a blogger goes the extra mile.  I quickly downloaded them to put together my own guided journal/SMASH book.  Because, yes, I do often put in pictures and mementos, too.


An absolute must are some fun, colorful journaling pens.  Just sayin'


Amanda’s Books and More

Since journaling is so good for your health, 
do you think I could give up running and yoga?

Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. I had to read today's post when I saw the picture. I love journals and pens and creativity and .... they all make me happy and want to curl up and write and be thoughtful. This was a happy post for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If writing replaced exercise I'd look like Gillian :). Alas, I'm afraid its given me more of a backside spread than a Jlo one. The pens are festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative and neat, I really like this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just gone back to journaling after a very long break! It's nice to have a place to just write in a stream without editing or worrying if I should be sharing this or that! One thing I am trying to do is keep it positive and include gratitude as a part of it. I hope it helps to refuel your blogging! I love the new look, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE to Smash! In fact I just added a couple new pages to mine the other day :) Thanks so much for sharing at Weekend Wonders AND for following The Thriftiness Miss. Following back via GFC and Bloglovin. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super great post! I invite you to join me tonight! 8:30 p.m. Mountain time for the Share it With Us Saturday link party. Come Share some of your new posts at the party, link up all weekend long. I would love to have you!www.greatastestuesdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...