Friday, June 15, 2012

I Miss Summer, What?

I  reached the coveted end of the school year last week.  This doesn't mean the same things to me now, like it did when I was a child or even just a few years ago.  Carefree days spent pool side, on the boat, reading our just hanging with my kids, has been replaced by work, work and maybe a little more work.  I work during the school year, but the summer is a different kind of work.  It is the work of two lengthy registrations (often referred to as the "Hell Weeks" by moi), the work of enrolling students in courses and creating student schedules.  It is the work of assigning lockers and parking passes.  It is the work of running back and forth to the school after getting desperate e-mails from non plan ahead parents who need a "letter of compliance" for the State of Idaho for their children to get a learner's permit.

As you read this, I am re cooperating from two very stressful days of registration.  If I am missing here for the next couple of weeks or months, you shall know why.  Although I do have a few posts pre planned.

I am not complaining.  I have a job that I love, I have a paycheck, and I do get some time off during the year.  I just miss my summers.

Enjoy a Classic summer tune:
Aren't they smooth?



2 comments:

  1. good luck!! It sounds stressful...and frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't relate ... but I often feel badly for my husband who NEVER gets any ounce of a summer at all. :( I think human beings really need a break. It's stressful to always be working. At least you love your job a lot of the time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...