Monday, January 26, 2015

Writers, Reviews and Comments



Not so long ago I fancied myself a writer.  I felt inspired at odd times of the day and words would just flow from my fingertips.  From the inspiring to the snarky, I was in my writer/blogger element.  When life gets hard, creativity seems to take a back seat in my world.  I bagged writing and blogging for a while.  I’m trying to get back in my groove, fake it till you make it, but I don’t really feel like my posts have much substance.  They’re not meaty enough to attract the avid reader/blog follower.  What I have to share is ‘eh’ or at least I think so based on the lack of responses. 

Once upon a time I thought I didn’t care…I write for me.  I record for me.  But the thing is, just as writers are driven by their critiques and reviews, so are bloggers driven by comments.  In the last few months since my disappearance then reemergence in the blogging world, the commenters disappeared.  At one point, I would get 15-20 comments on a post and now mostly it’s a big goose egg.  Is the time of blogging come to an end or are blogs moving in a different direction? 

It was brought to my attention that I might need to move in to the “now”…embracing twitter, Instagram, google+ and facebook to pimp my posts.  But I don’t have time for that…it’s sad really.  Now that I’ve been on my pity pot, please share with me ways that you are able to drive traffic to your blog and encourage comments.


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Keep doing what you are doing. It is a good thing and you are a great writer. You can judge by your pageviews if people are looking or not. You are making a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...