Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Confession



I have a confession to make:   I am a homebody.  

It's true!  I know you are SO shocked...I love being home.  I love cleaning my house, or baking something yummy.  I even love doing laundry.  I love the smell of the fresh clean clothes and the warmth of the soft garments as my hands fold them.  The allure of being home and creating seems to supersede all other needs.

In fact, as I write this I should be going to the grocery store.  I have my list all made out, but the drive to go just isn't' there.  Sometimes my family has to suck on dried beans just to get the nourishment they need.  Well, okay, that's an exaggeration, but I can get creative with food.  

I saw a quote the other day by Jane Austen, "Ah! There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort."  I found a pretty cool free printable the other day at Becky Higgin's blog.  (the cute one at the top of this post) You can down load it here.  You are welcome.  ;)

9 comments:

  1. I always call myself the Happy Hermit. I love being in my own cozy little home, putzing with laundry, cleaning and baking. I think that's one reason being a writer suits me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! It's soooo hard for me to go to work when all I want to do is hang around home feeling cozy and comfy and ... HOME! I'm on vacation this week ... whatever shall I bake today? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too! except i don't like cleaning. i'm so grateful to be a stay at home mom, i'd rather clean poop than work with people. i can like going out, but only when i WANT to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is a homebody. God gave me the desire to travel... and get out of my house!! My son is the same as me... unless he's playing video games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came over from mmb. Loved this. I also adore being at home and have never really understood the meaning of boredom. My poor kids would perhaps like if I was a bit more anxious to get out and have adventures, but always I would rather just be here with nobody needing to go anyplace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm a huge home body as well. I'm slowly learning to love laundry. But there is nothing better than making a meal and relaxing with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe I am turing into a homebody too. I would have lost a bet that that could ever happen...but there is a lot at home that is real comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to go. That was my thing...always going, always doing. It's funny to me how that is not at all appealing any more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a TOTAL homebody too! I would stay home everyday if I could!! I think it is the purest form of comfort:).

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...