Monday, April 6, 2009

Over Training

I've decided that these achy joints and sore muscles of mine are the result of over training. I love to run, and I like to push myself. Now, I don't run 12 miles each time like some of my blogging friends, but I can get in 4 to 5 at a time up to five times a week, and lately it's been all about going harder and faster. It got to a point where I felt like an 80 year old getting out of bed in the morning. Somethings got to change. I've added YOGA to my routine. I really love the stretching and opening up of joints. The breathing is very relaxing, and my core is tight the entire time. And, if you think there isn't strength involved in YOGA, try holding a downward dog for a minutes followed by a plank and a warrior pose. I've noticed that I've gained a few pounds since dropping the number of days I run, but I'll just have to watch what I put in my mouth just a little bit more. Here is my DESIRED schedule. We all know how the best of intentions work out...

Monday: YOGA
Tuesday: Run Hills for 3.5 to 4 miles + 20 min weights
Wednesday: YOGA
Thursday: Run 6.0-6.5 3 to 3.5 miles + 20 min weights
Friday: YOGA Saturday: 20 min run, 20 min bike, 20 min ellipitcal + 20 min weights
Maybe this will help my "over training" aches & Pains
What is your workout routine? What do you do about over training?

6 comments:

  1. I can't say over-training has ever been a problem for me. And I'm in horrible shape right now. I need a workout routine, period. Because leaving it to doing something when I have time it's working out so well.

    I'm impressed. GOod job!

    And yoga takes TONS of strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have an over-training problem either. But the schedule looks good. I did yoga in college and doing it every day seemed to make me stiff and sore. Every other day was perfect. So, yeah, I think this'll work out well for you. And I'll think of you as I sit around on my rear reading a book and popping peanut butter cups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sore too. From sitting and doing nothing.

    Oh, and I hate yoga. I am the most inflexible person you will ever meet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I really need you to kick start me and help me train!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...your workout routine is impressive. It makes me feel really guilty. I thought I was doing good with 15 minutes of toners everyday.

    I will start running again when it warms up....which will probably be August....:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is impressive. I should be so ambitious.

    How do you get over the lack of motivation?!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...