Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Promised Land, NOT!




I warn you in advance, that I may offend some of my Utah friends, but this needs to be said....We made a quick trip down to Utah to meet up with Military Man for the weekend who traveled up from New Mexico.  Now if you know anything about Mormons, the Church is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.  It is a Mecca of sorts for the people of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Most members at some point make it to Salt Lake to see Temple Square and to immerse themselves in learning the Church History through the many museums and such.  We drove 4 1/2 hours down there.  It was a lovely drive for us until we hit the outlying towns of Salt Lake.

Flip people!  What is up with your traffic?  Seriously going 100 mph and weaving in and out of traffic is not okay.  I'm not just talking about one particular driver, there were MANY!  Tailgating our car at 80 mph in bumper to bumper traffic is not okay, either. Just because you think you know where you are going in the afterlife doesn't mean the rest of us want to get there any faster.  I enjoy my family and my life here as God has intended.  Let me enjoy it a little bit longer, please.

KT asked me if I wanted to drive at one point, my answer was a hearty "HECK NO!"  It is fine to go down and visit, but would I EVER want to live there?  "NO FREAKING WAY!" Seriously people, if I had to deal with that traffic on a daily basis, I would be on mega doses of anti depressants. Can you spell serious doses of S-T-R-E-S-S?

You an keep you Promised Land and I'll keep mine.  
Besides, one less car on the road in Utah is one less car contributing to your traffic.   

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Utah drivers are bad, but Illinois drivers run stop signs and lights like CRAZY...I think each state has it's share of bad drivers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! I have been to Utah many, many times as my wife has family there. I always wonder who has worse drivers, Utah or California. It's a toss up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in Ogden and Riverdale and I thought the city traffic was fine. But I didn't drive on 1-15 at all. However the kind of traffic your describing sounds exactly like Colorado drivers. They only have to speeds, super fast and stop.

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...