Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday TJ


TJH
Born March 3, 1992
7:00 pm
7 lbs 3 oz
Poway, CA
Happy Birthday! Today you are 17!
I remember your birth like it was yesterday. You were late and subsequently scheduled. I had an appointment to be induced then laid in bed at the hospital for most of the day watching soap operas. Don't get me wrong, I was in a lot of pain, but Day's of Our Lives brought with it a bit of distraction. When the labor progressed to the point of no return, a nurse was surprised to discover you were breech. A rush to emergency surgery, prepping for a spinal while I was being pushed down the hall all precipited your 30 minute later delivery. You didn't cry, you were purple, and no one said anything to me while I laid there helpless on the table. Thoughts and fears raced through my mind and weighted me down like a heavy blanket of despair. The doctors worked some kind of magic and with the grace of God laid a beautiful little baby boy in my arms. My Desert Storm baby...

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your boy!

    (Holy cow! From what I can see...he's the spitting image of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your handsome son! What a scary birth story!
    So glad everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy bday Tyler! He is 9 days older than Zach!! What a cutie. Who took that awesome picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two B-days in a row? Do you celebrate them together or seperately! How fun!

    Happy B-Day TJ! I can't believe your 17! It is killing me!

    ReplyDelete

Always happy to hear from you! Comments make my day, just please keep them uplifting and positive. Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...